Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create a mobile directory account on macOS High SIerra? I forgot.

Server: High Sierra +Server. Client: High Sierra (still waiting for Apple to release the instructions to move to Open Source mail services as they promised a year ago)

I had to temporarily remove a mobile account from a client that is normally connected to my macOS High Sierra + Server. I deleted the account but saved the account home directory in a dmg.

Now I am unable to recreate the mobile account. It is possible to log in using the server's credentials, but the account doesn't show up in System Preferences. I recall one first had to create a network account by trying to log in, and then change that to a 'Mobile' account. But the network account is not created so I'm stuck. I'm unable to find the instructions anywhere.

I'd be obliged if someone points me to the right instructions.

MacBook

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 2:38 PM

What I was missing: You need to be logged in as that network user to be able to change that user into a mobile account.

Similar questions

1 reply

How to create a mobile directory account on macOS High SIerra? I forgot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.