Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect to nas on VPN

Hi,

I’ve set up a VPN server at home. I also have NAS at home which I need to connect. On Windows (when connected to that VPN), I just connected to it with no problem, however I cannot figure out of how to do it on Mac. I thought I would do that via “Connect to server” feature in Finder. However, it didn’t work. Any idea?

thanks

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2019 11:18 AM

Does “Connect to server” feature in Finder Browse button show it?

1.Finder -> Go -> Connect to Server 

2.Enter address - ""smb://name of server/name of network share/folder "" 

3. Click Connect

4.Enter username/password

5.Open drive

Maybe Service Order?

https://interworks.com/blog/jpoehls/2012/04/18/cant-access-network-resources-over-vpn-connection-mac-os-x/

First of all, check that the "send all traffic over VPN connection" option is activated on your VPN setup.

Check also firewall on the Nas, that it allows the range of IP addresses delivered to vpn clients.

Then Ping the ip address of your server (usual LAN Ip address (I would also check vpn range ip address as well)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2019 11:18 AM in response to jakudo

Does “Connect to server” feature in Finder Browse button show it?

1.Finder -> Go -> Connect to Server 

2.Enter address - ""smb://name of server/name of network share/folder "" 

3. Click Connect

4.Enter username/password

5.Open drive

Maybe Service Order?

https://interworks.com/blog/jpoehls/2012/04/18/cant-access-network-resources-over-vpn-connection-mac-os-x/

First of all, check that the "send all traffic over VPN connection" option is activated on your VPN setup.

Check also firewall on the Nas, that it allows the range of IP addresses delivered to vpn clients.

Then Ping the ip address of your server (usual LAN Ip address (I would also check vpn range ip address as well)

How to connect to nas on VPN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.