Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to tell Silver from space grey Macbook

This month someone bought a Macbook Pro 2018 for me in America and brought it to my country two days ago, but had the remove the box because of luggage space and customs laws in my country.

The thing is I'm not sure of I've got the silver version or the space gray one. On Google images the difference is obvious but having it in person it looks like both of them depending on where the light is hitting it from. From some angles it looks like silver and from others it looks like space gray.

Is there anyway to tell from the serial number, the "about this mac" options, some model inscription or something? Wish i had Apple stores nearby to have something to compare it too, but I live in small town and no Apple stores in my country. The accesories it came with say nothing.

I attached some pictures to see if you can help me out. I think it's closer to space gray.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 27, 2019 11:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 7:42 AM

MauroPerez wrote:
Is there anyway to tell from the serial number, the "about this mac" options, some model inscription or something? Wish i had Apple stores nearby to have something to compare it too, but I live in small town and no Apple stores in my country. The accesories it came with say nothing.

I attached some pictures to see if you can help me out. I think it's closer to space gray.

Yes it appears your space grey is just a bit darker in color.

Yes from you serial number, enter: https://www.powerbookmedic.com/identify-mac-serial.php

It will give you a color description, after the jump scroll down the page for more of your info:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2019 7:42 AM in response to MauroPerez

MauroPerez wrote:

Yes it appears your space grey is just a bit darker in color.

Yes from you serial number, enter: https://www.powerbookmedic.com/identify-mac-serial.php

It will give you a color description, after the jump scroll down the page for more of your info:

How to tell Silver from space grey Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.