You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move Photos from Dropbox to iCloud

So I have been using Dropbox to store all my picture and videos. I want to just use iCloud now. So in photos app I went to File -> Import and selected a few. I noticed this import folder that gets created. I do not want that folder. If I delete it, it deletes the photos. What is the best way to bring in my 5GB of photos and videos?

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 3:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 12:00 PM

Every imported photo or video will show up in the "Imports" subhead of your library, as you saw. It is only one of many folders/views created automatically. In general, they take up only a little disk space for the index and only a little visual space in the sidebar.

Sorry not to have a solution to bypass something you don't want.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 29, 2019 12:00 PM in response to jcostanzo3

Every imported photo or video will show up in the "Imports" subhead of your library, as you saw. It is only one of many folders/views created automatically. In general, they take up only a little disk space for the index and only a little visual space in the sidebar.

Sorry not to have a solution to bypass something you don't want.

Move Photos from Dropbox to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.