Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changed my store location and lost all my movies

Hi,

I've changed my store location cause I've moved to another country and I lost most of the movies I bought in my previous location, is this a know issue?

Thanks

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 10:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 10:09 PM

Yes. You'll only be able to keep movies you downloaded to your computer before changing countries.

Music and video content cannot be freely redownloaded from a different country's iTunes Store.

(170739)

7 replies

Apr 28, 2019 10:16 PM in response to BiancoAri

Yes. The copyright holder may be different in the new country and/or Apple may need to pay a royalty for each download; in some cases, movies can't be freely redownloaded from the original country's store. Content can also be removed from the iTunes Store at any time.

Download your purchases and back them up.

(170740)

Apr 30, 2019 2:28 AM in response to BiancoAri

I hear what y'all are saying, "Change back to the previous country and download all", "Apple may need to pay a royalty for each download", "Yes but not from a different country.", but the underlying issue is that Apple strives to keep things simple in all other respects, yet it is incredible that this issue remains a pain in the posterior for the users. I know that music and film industry are still living in the stone age, but I cannot believe that there is no way to fix it - don't tell me that. We are in 2019, talking AR, ML and AI for pete's sake! If a user has purchased an item, they should be able to access it even if they change countries. Create a link to the previous country store Apple or whatever you do - friggin' solve it man!

Changed my store location and lost all my movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.