Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't log in into iCloud service on MacBook Air(early 2015)

After update from sierra to mojave(I don't want that but I need Xcode) there was about month of normal usage, but at one day I got new problem: I can't use any app that is connected to icloud and i can't download apps from app store(it stucks at downloading). https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8570918

Here I've found solution, but it didn't help, so now when I'm trying to log in into the iCloud it tells me that I'm already logged in, but every other app says that I need to log in. As addition finder always freezes and I always need to restart that with cmd+alt+esc

I had so much problems with mac os, that I started to think about selling mac and buying windows laptop.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 7:46 AM

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your computer. Let's see if I can answer a couple of your issues: If your computer thinks you are logged in but you are asked to log in, log out. Then log back in. Sometimes iCloud seems to get confused. Actually while you might think of logging in as being all or nothing, being logged into iCloud provides you iCloud services such as being able to sync your appointments to the Cloud so your other devices and/or computers can see them. This isn't the same as being logged into the Apple App store. You can be logged into one but not the other. And, neither is the same as being logged into iTunes.

Finder shouldn't freeze on you, obviously. There's a program in the App store called EtreCheck, written by a member of the Apple Support Community, that is helpful in diagnosing problems. If you'd like additional help with your computer, download it and copy the completed report. Then come back and start a new message. Click on the icon below:

in the text box, and then paste the results of EtreCheck into the window.

As for switching to Windows...hate to tell you but OS updates in Win10 are such a hot mess that I currently refuse to accept any - and I used to be part of the Insider group. In the last year I've had to wipe my Windows notebook and restore from a backup more times than I want to think about, all because updates (which used to be 100% mandatory) hosed my computer. Yeah, right now I'm not loving my PC.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2019 7:46 AM in response to koz9va

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your computer. Let's see if I can answer a couple of your issues: If your computer thinks you are logged in but you are asked to log in, log out. Then log back in. Sometimes iCloud seems to get confused. Actually while you might think of logging in as being all or nothing, being logged into iCloud provides you iCloud services such as being able to sync your appointments to the Cloud so your other devices and/or computers can see them. This isn't the same as being logged into the Apple App store. You can be logged into one but not the other. And, neither is the same as being logged into iTunes.

Finder shouldn't freeze on you, obviously. There's a program in the App store called EtreCheck, written by a member of the Apple Support Community, that is helpful in diagnosing problems. If you'd like additional help with your computer, download it and copy the completed report. Then come back and start a new message. Click on the icon below:

in the text box, and then paste the results of EtreCheck into the window.

As for switching to Windows...hate to tell you but OS updates in Win10 are such a hot mess that I currently refuse to accept any - and I used to be part of the Insider group. In the last year I've had to wipe my Windows notebook and restore from a backup more times than I want to think about, all because updates (which used to be 100% mandatory) hosed my computer. Yeah, right now I'm not loving my PC.

Apr 29, 2019 2:42 PM in response to koz9va

my wife and I both have 2015 MBPro computer and we aren’t experiencing any problems. I suggest 2 things. First, run apple diagnostics. How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac - Apple Support and run the long test. you want the computer to get warm so the diagnostics can fail from a thermal issue is that is the root cause.

Also, for a few days you might want to restart in Safe Mode and run disk first aid to see if the disk directory is remaining healthy. Good luck, I hate problems like yours, it is maddening not to be able to say, “here’s the problem and I know how to fix it.”

Apr 29, 2019 2:29 PM in response to dwb

Thank you for your reply, after things like that I starts to believe in Apple. But after I tried to create a log with program you advised to me and some other usage of Mac I got some other problems, so I tried to boot in safe mode, but Mac immediately shuts down, so when I checked that issue with -x I got that disk is corrupted, so I as usual downgraded to Mac OS Sierra and I’m happy but without Xcode

I can't log in into iCloud service on MacBook Air(early 2015)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.