Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Time Machine back up iTunes music files stored on an external hard drive?

My iTunes music library is stored on an external hard drive. When I do the Time Machine backup, is it backing up those files also? If not, how can I include my iTunes music files in the Time Machine backup? Thanks.

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 3:28 AM

Hello. Open up the Time Machine system preference pane on your Mac and click the Options button to view the exclusion list, make sure your external drive is not in this list (select and then click the minus (-) button to remove it if it is). Once this is saved Time Machine will now be backing up your external drive as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2019 3:28 AM in response to yoel69

Hello. Open up the Time Machine system preference pane on your Mac and click the Options button to view the exclusion list, make sure your external drive is not in this list (select and then click the minus (-) button to remove it if it is). Once this is saved Time Machine will now be backing up your external drive as well.

Does Time Machine back up iTunes music files stored on an external hard drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.