Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes (Music) library onto Seagate Backup Drive?

How to backup my iTunes(music) library onto my Seagate Drive and then delete my iMAC Music folders(s))

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 12:52 PM

Hey! I have done a similar thing with my iMac when I got a new one, what I did was plug in a USB (or in your case the backup drive) I open iTunes and I clicked on a song and made it blue and then I clicked Command+A to select all and then dragged the music files to the device (which should be a white icon on your desktop) and waited for it to transfer. I hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 12:52 PM in response to Suddith

Hey! I have done a similar thing with my iMac when I got a new one, what I did was plug in a USB (or in your case the backup drive) I open iTunes and I clicked on a song and made it blue and then I clicked Command+A to select all and then dragged the music files to the device (which should be a white icon on your desktop) and waited for it to transfer. I hope this helps!

iTunes (Music) library onto Seagate Backup Drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.