Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Tv Remote Issues

So I have an apple Tv 4 , Sonos playbar, Recently changed Internet routers and reset Apple tv, Reset Tv back to factory Defaults, I HAVE TURNED TV SPEAKERS OFF

Now when I turn the volume up on the Siri remote, it also turns up the volume on the LG TV and the IR on Sonos Playbar also flashes as aweel as the TV its like they are both taking commands but doesn't turn the Sonos Soundbar volume up.

I have reset remote, reset Apple Tv, Reset TV, Reset Sonos and still the same issue, any help appreciated?

Apple TV 4, tvOS 12

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 12:54 PM

Now sorted :

On your Apple TV:

1. Go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Control TVs and Receivers.
  2. Set this to Off.
  3. Next, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Volume Control.
  4. Select TV via IR.
  5. Select Learn New Device.
  6. Follow the on-screen steps to program your Apple TV remote to use the codes from the secondary remote you picked up earlier.
  7. Now you will need to teach the Apple TV remote to the home theater speaker:
    • Using the Sonos app for iOS or Android: From the More tab, tap Settings > Room Settings.
  1. Select TV Setup and Control > Remote Control Setup.
  2. Follow the in-app steps using your Apple TV remote. You will be prompted to program the Volume and Mute buttons on the remote. Since the Apple TV remote does not have a mute button, just wait a minute for this to timeout and continue. After completing these steps, this remote will be the only remote that controls your home theater speaker volume.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2019 12:54 PM in response to jamesmr33

Now sorted :

On your Apple TV:

1. Go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Control TVs and Receivers.
  2. Set this to Off.
  3. Next, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Volume Control.
  4. Select TV via IR.
  5. Select Learn New Device.
  6. Follow the on-screen steps to program your Apple TV remote to use the codes from the secondary remote you picked up earlier.
  7. Now you will need to teach the Apple TV remote to the home theater speaker:
    • Using the Sonos app for iOS or Android: From the More tab, tap Settings > Room Settings.
  1. Select TV Setup and Control > Remote Control Setup.
  2. Follow the in-app steps using your Apple TV remote. You will be prompted to program the Volume and Mute buttons on the remote. Since the Apple TV remote does not have a mute button, just wait a minute for this to timeout and continue. After completing these steps, this remote will be the only remote that controls your home theater speaker volume.

Apple Tv Remote Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.