Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus shutdown and restarts automatically

Shutdowns randomly and restarts.

Went to apple store diagnosed and said to replace to battery. It turned worse.

Now they say it’s 2.5 years old you have to Replace . Just 2 models old , I have to trade in if the mobile works else nothing .

Does apple work iPhone works only for 2 years ?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 5:12 PM

This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. If you saw Apple and they recommended replacing the device, they have explained your options. What you do is up to you. No one here could change that, nor answer your question about 2 year work. My wife has an iPhone 7 that was purchased on release date and it is working just fine, so I can say that Apple iPhone 7 can last longer than 2 years, however it appears there is something wrong with yours.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2019 5:12 PM in response to raja129

This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. If you saw Apple and they recommended replacing the device, they have explained your options. What you do is up to you. No one here could change that, nor answer your question about 2 year work. My wife has an iPhone 7 that was purchased on release date and it is working just fine, so I can say that Apple iPhone 7 can last longer than 2 years, however it appears there is something wrong with yours.

Apr 29, 2019 5:10 PM in response to raja129

All electronic devices (and everything else, also) will fail at some time in their life. Most will last longer than 2 years, but it depends a lot on how well they were cared for; how many times was it dropped, for example? But random failures happen also. And a lot of users replace their phones every couple of years, anyway. I had an iPhone 4S that I used for 3 years that I passed on to my wife who used it for 3 more. It was still working when she finally got an iPhone 8, so we passed it on to a charity (I did replace the battery once). She also used my 5 year old iPad 2 until I talked her into getting a current model. The iPad 2 still works, however, 7 years later. OTOH, I had a 7+ that stopped charging after 18 months, but, as I had AppleCare+ it was replaced under warranty.

So how long with a phone last is similar to how long will a car last. I'm still driving my 16 year old Prius with 100,000 miles (or actually my wife is). It works great. On the original traction battery. I don't expect an iPhone (or any phone) to last that long, however.

iPhone 7 Plus shutdown and restarts automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.