Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus Continously Shutting Down

Hi! I have an iPhone 7 Plus that was second-hand that I bought off of a second-hand dealing website. The first few weeks of using it were pretty alright, there were no issues.

However around 30 minutes ago, while watching a video, my iPhone suddenly restarted. It then went back to normal and then it restarted again. After that event, it had continued to be on that process. It would unexpectedly shut down every 2-5 minutes.

In addition to this, whenever I would plug or unplug my iPhone, its battery percentage also keeps on changing. For example, its percentage was 65, and when I would plug it in it would suddenly be 63.

Lastly, whenever I check the battery health page in settings, it would always be stuck on a rotating circle and would never finish loading before the iPhone restarts again.

I would like to confirm if this is a possible battery issue, so I could bring it to Apple and ask for a repair as it is annoying and difficult to deal with a phone that constantly turns off after a few minutes...

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 8:31 AM

Yes it sounds like battery and yes you can take it to Apple, but if they find a non Apple battery or any other foreign body in there they will politely hand it back unrepaired.

Personally I would not touch a used phone with a barge pole.

Similar questions

1 reply

iPhone 7 Plus Continously Shutting Down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.