Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone keeps crashing and restarting

My iPhone 6s has been crashing and restarting at random. Sometimes it will be while using an app, sometimes it will crash like it's out of battery. It crashed at 30% battery, came back at 10% battery, shut off because it "wasn't charged", and then, once I plugged it in, it said I had 52% battery. I have forcefully shut it down and reset the settings already. I've also tried to recalibrate the battery, as had been previously suggested, but it shuts down immediately from being at 10%, and then as soon as I plug it in, it jumps to 40% or some other high number. I haven't so far been able to run it down to just 1% battery.

I don't really want to get a new phone unless absolutely necessary. Any ideas on how to fix this?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 7:29 PM

Give the following, in order, a try. Stop at any step that; hopefully, resolves the problem.

• Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  • Perform a "Reset All Settings" reset: Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
  • Remove, and then, re-install the SIM card.
  • Restore your iPhone: To restore your iPhone, connect it to your computer. When the iPhone appears in the Finder (macOS Catalina+) or iTunes source list, click the Restore button on the Summary tab. (Note: The following will erase all of your data and media and resets all of the iPhones's settings. You will need to restore it from a previous backup from either iTunes or iCloud. Note: If you are running macOS Catalina, you will perform the same task using the Finder app instead of iTunes)
  • Make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or take it to an Apple Authorized Service Provider

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2021 7:29 PM in response to torie18

Give the following, in order, a try. Stop at any step that; hopefully, resolves the problem.

• Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  • Perform a "Reset All Settings" reset: Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
  • Remove, and then, re-install the SIM card.
  • Restore your iPhone: To restore your iPhone, connect it to your computer. When the iPhone appears in the Finder (macOS Catalina+) or iTunes source list, click the Restore button on the Summary tab. (Note: The following will erase all of your data and media and resets all of the iPhones's settings. You will need to restore it from a previous backup from either iTunes or iCloud. Note: If you are running macOS Catalina, you will perform the same task using the Finder app instead of iTunes)
  • Make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or take it to an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone keeps crashing and restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.