Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 7 Plus crashing, rebooting to 10% battery

I am suddenly having an issue with my iPhone 7 Plus crashing. It typically happens when the battery is somewhere below 50% and usually when starting a new app. (I've been keeping running apps to a minimum while this is happening). The batter will be at 40% (as an example), it will crash and reboot and when it comes back up is at 10% battery life or less. I plug it in and in a few minutes it returns to the previous battery level prior to the crash. Battery health shows at 74% and says it should be replaced. Is that the root cause or would that not do this? (Needless to say my batter does not last long.) I really don't want to buy a new phone right now and will get a new battery if that seems like a fix for this but if something else is wrong I don't want to waste the money on the battery.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2021 9:59 AM

Hi Pete,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're experiencing issues with your battery performance and that your battery's maximum capacity is currently at 74 percent. When your battery's maximum capacity reaches below 80 percent, it can cause performance issues with your iPhone. You can learn more about this in iPhone Battery and Performance.

To resolve these issues, you'll want to replace your battery as your iPhone has recommended you to do here: iPhone Battery Replacement

For further assistance, you may also contact Apple Support directly via Get Support.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2021 9:59 AM in response to Pete Githens

Hi Pete,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're experiencing issues with your battery performance and that your battery's maximum capacity is currently at 74 percent. When your battery's maximum capacity reaches below 80 percent, it can cause performance issues with your iPhone. You can learn more about this in iPhone Battery and Performance.

To resolve these issues, you'll want to replace your battery as your iPhone has recommended you to do here: iPhone Battery Replacement

For further assistance, you may also contact Apple Support directly via Get Support.

Take care.

iphone 7 Plus crashing, rebooting to 10% battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.