Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone 7 Plus unstable only when battery charge is below 30 percent?

I use iOS 15.6.1 and since I got a service warning about Battery Health being 79% –saying the battery is degraded and should be replaced – the iPhone 7 Plus behaves erratically when battery percentage is below 25-30%.

When fully charged it works flawlessly. I’ve been able to replicate this problem several times.

Is it because the battery is giving off bad voltages or cannot supply enough power for iOS to work properly when it is below 30% charge?

It’s very unstable when battery is 25-30% or less.

Symptoms are it launches multiple apps by itself and types on the screen without me touching it. Touchscreen becomes less responsive and difficult to enter passcode.

If above 30% charge it never happens. Works absolutely perfect and stable above 30%.

I’ve done a hard reset and reset all settings to factory defaults to no avail.

Will continuing to use the iPhone with a degraded battery damage the internal components of the device? I can’t afford battery replacement yet.

Thanks in advance for any insight or advice about this.

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 5:01 PM

It's unstable because the battery health is below 80% and the battery needs to e replaced.

Aside from the possibility of the battery swelling and physically damaging the internal components, possibly forcing the display off of the phone, the only "danger" is in the phone spontaneously shutting down/restarting due to insufficient power, which could conceivably corrupt the data stored on the device.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2022 5:01 PM in response to egon208

It's unstable because the battery health is below 80% and the battery needs to e replaced.

Aside from the possibility of the battery swelling and physically damaging the internal components, possibly forcing the display off of the phone, the only "danger" is in the phone spontaneously shutting down/restarting due to insufficient power, which could conceivably corrupt the data stored on the device.

Why is my iPhone 7 Plus unstable only when battery charge is below 30 percent?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.