Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 wrong battery percentage after battery replacement

I have recently had my battery replaced in official Apple service. After few days I recognized a weird issue. Battery drains really slow from 100% to 20% then when alert pops up that it has less than 20% of battery left it drains in seconds to zero or even worse it shuts itself off on 17% depending on how I use phone. For example it can not stand video or audio call when under 20%! Weird things are sometimes I can turn it back on, sometimes battery logo pops up and it takes time to turn it back on. I tried battery calibration few times, but the same issue remained. Another weird thing that came with new battery is an issue with charging. When I plug in charger it starts to drain battery for 1-2% then it refills again and it charges on same percentage for about 10 mins then it charges normally up to wished percentage.

What I noticed is that it shows me wrong battery percentage, when I restart iPhone it shows “real” percentage for 1 second which is always lower then “fake” percentage.

When I did battery calibration I did not know how to drain battery till it’s completely empty, I even left it overnight to drain further, then fully charged it and reset iPhone when on charger.

I also did DFU restoration of my iPhone, but no luck...

anyone facing the same issue? Could it be the battery issue? With an old battery I didn’t have any of this problems.

PS. Battery health is 100%

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 1:16 PM

SOLUTION:

Well, it worked in my case! All I had to do is to restore my iPhone using this method and then set it up as new device (don't use backup)...

here's link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 12, 2021 8:42 AM in response to mrzax94

Hello mrzax94,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you're having some issues with the replacement battery in your iPhone. We're happy to help!

Below is an article that will provide information about the iPhone battery.

iPhone Battery and Performance

I also want to provide you with an article that will provide you with suggestions to maximize the battery life of your iPhone.

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

Have you contacted the place where you had the battery replaced? If so, can you share with us what their suggestions were?

Let us know if that worked for you.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Jan 12, 2021 10:21 AM in response to mario49

Thank you, Sir mario49!

There are many helpful things that You have attached to Your reply. Unfortunately, none of them solves my problem and most of them I already apply.

I will bring my phone to Apple service where I had my battery replaced and of course I will let you know about results! I really love iPhones, this is my second iPhone and I have never had an issue of any kind before.

Greetings,

Zare

iPhone 7 wrong battery percentage after battery replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.