You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes account

I’m connected through my family’s iTunes account which is Canadian. And I want to make my own American one, but not lose everything.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 11:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 8:14 PM

Define "everything".

If you don't want to lose anything then back up your media collection to a hard drive. You may find, however, that you cannot re-download some items after changing countries, but if you have them on a drive then you still have them.

Change your Apple ID country or region - https://support.apple.com/HT201389

"You can redownload your past purchases before you change your country or region, and you might be able to redownload many of them after you make the change." Note it does not say "all", and this may also mean any subscription services you use may no longer work (e.g., Apple Music). And I can't tell you what is available to redownload since I have never changed countries.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 30, 2019 8:14 PM in response to TariqHammond

Define "everything".

If you don't want to lose anything then back up your media collection to a hard drive. You may find, however, that you cannot re-download some items after changing countries, but if you have them on a drive then you still have them.

Change your Apple ID country or region - https://support.apple.com/HT201389

"You can redownload your past purchases before you change your country or region, and you might be able to redownload many of them after you make the change." Note it does not say "all", and this may also mean any subscription services you use may no longer work (e.g., Apple Music). And I can't tell you what is available to redownload since I have never changed countries.

ITunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.