You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings to get the most from the Apple Watch and Apple Watch Ultra

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the Apple Watch Series 4 connect and use the iPhone's LTE connection when they are linked with Bluetooth?

Hey guys, thinking of getting a new Apple Watch but I'm only going for the Non-celluar version as the tax in my country is way too big for any Apple products. However the question in the title is my deciding factor... Since I am mostly outdoors I won't be having a wi-fi connection, and it would be weird if that's the only way the Watch can function.

By the way another Apple Watch question for you - do I have to play a song from Apple Music on the watch only so that i'll be able to control the volume or am I able to play the song from my phone and control the volume from the watch as well? Scrolling on the watch for the volume is the best thing to fix that missing feature from the AirPods :(

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 12:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 12:38 PM

The Apple watch connects to the iPhone via Bluetooth, and that is how it is able to use the functions of the iPhone.

You can see what is playing on your iPhone and control that from the Watch. The only way to hear music on the Apple Watch is if you have music downloaded to the Watch.

5 replies

Can the Apple Watch Series 4 connect and use the iPhone's LTE connection when they are linked with Bluetooth?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.