Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to use apple watch bluetooth without being near my phone

Hello! I have apple watch series 3 (with cellular) and I can't figure out how to use my watch/wireless headphones WITHOUT my phone being nearby.

I connect my bluetooth headphones from the watch, play a song downloaded on my spotify from the watch (so phone is never being used) but when i get out of range - the headphones stop working.

How can I listen to music on my bluetooth headphones, without having my phone nearby??

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 8:55 AM

I connect headphones to the watch fine. I also play music downloaded from the watch through the headphones fine. The issue is when I leave my phone (so only have headphones and watch) it starts to disconnect. Is there any way to stop this so the phone distance is a non-issue?

6 replies

Dec 5, 2019 8:53 AM in response to mbk789

To connect the Watch to Bluetooth headphones, put your headphones in pairing mode. Then go to the Settings app (on the Watch) > Bluetooth, and your headphones should appear. Select them from the list, and you're set.

how to use apple watch bluetooth without being near my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.