Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I export my audio it has a popping sound and cuts parts out

Basically the audio sounds fine in the timeline and in the original file. As soon as I export it, it goes to ****. It has a popping sound and cuts random parts out. I have tried exporting in different codecs and audio formats. I have tried just exporting the audio and it sounds the same.

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2019 8:52 AM

Thanks for replying so fast! I tried everything you said and had not luck. Turns out the issue was in the conversion process. The original file was a .webm format, so I used an online converter and that's what messed it up. I tried a different converter and that seemed to work! Again, thanks for your help!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2019 8:52 AM in response to Rich839

Thanks for replying so fast! I tried everything you said and had not luck. Turns out the issue was in the conversion process. The original file was a .webm format, so I used an online converter and that's what messed it up. I tried a different converter and that seemed to work! Again, thanks for your help!

Apr 30, 2019 3:10 PM in response to asmahamu

First, make sure that you are running current version iMovie 10.1.11 with Mojave.

Sometimes export problems can be cured by deleting preferences. To do that restart your computer and open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen you old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can export audio without the popping sound.

You can also try putting your media into a newly created project, to see if the issue is confined just to your original project.

Another procedure that sometimes helps is to boot up in Safe Mode (see Finder help menu for instructions) and, after everything loads, immediately shut down and reboot in normal mode. See if that cures it.

All else failing, you can try redownloading iMovie.

-- Rich

When I export my audio it has a popping sound and cuts parts out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.