Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos won't turn on

when i go into icloud settings i move "iCloud Photos" to on and it pops up saying "Syncing photos via iTunes is not supported when iCloud Photos is turned on. 1 photo will be removed."

Then i can choose Remove Photo or Cancel. I choose "Remove Photo" and another pop-up comes on screen saying "iCloud photos could not be turned on. try again later."

I have done this several times since getting my new Pro about a month ago, any tips??

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2019 9:46 AM

Hi there kasryan,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re unable to turn on iCloud Photos on your iOS device. I love using iCloud Photos to keep my photos available to me across my devices and I’ll be happy to help.

Make sure all your devices are completely up to date with the latest OS and you’re signed into the iCloud with the same account across each one:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to update the software on your Mac

Once you’ve done that, go to System Preferences > iCloud on any Mac devices you own. Click Options next to Photos, then select iCloud Photos. For your iOS devices, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photos. Make sure you have a good internet connection and try on both Wi-Fi and cellular data if one gives you issues.

Restart any device if you continue to have issues enabling iCloud Photos and take a look at this link for further help:

Get help with iCloud Photos

Best wishes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2019 9:46 AM in response to kasryan

Hi there kasryan,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re unable to turn on iCloud Photos on your iOS device. I love using iCloud Photos to keep my photos available to me across my devices and I’ll be happy to help.

Make sure all your devices are completely up to date with the latest OS and you’re signed into the iCloud with the same account across each one:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to update the software on your Mac

Once you’ve done that, go to System Preferences > iCloud on any Mac devices you own. Click Options next to Photos, then select iCloud Photos. For your iOS devices, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn on iCloud Photos. Make sure you have a good internet connection and try on both Wi-Fi and cellular data if one gives you issues.

Restart any device if you continue to have issues enabling iCloud Photos and take a look at this link for further help:

Get help with iCloud Photos

Best wishes.

iCloud photos won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.