Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2017 keyboard

2 of my arrow keys (up and down) it went deep because it would not get out via can of air so I tried to lift the key up to get the dust out but the rubber cup would not go back in I thought it was just the key so I got replacement keys from some website and when it came it had a 2 rubber cups henges and keys

but when I tried to put the rubber cup back in it would not go in so after about an hour of trying I gave up and put the key henges rubber cups somewhere ended losing them then the mute key did the same thing tried to get dust out but didn’t take out the rubber cup out placed the key back but the key did not move gave up on that but left the key in because where the arrow keys got a little dirty because there is no keys Then the number 4 key got some dust in it which got deep in again 😞😒 I took it out and put it back in and it worked fine until it got dust deep in it again tried taking it out but the rubber cup and henge came out with it I placed it in again for some reason the rubber cup sticked in (kinda) unlike the arrow keys I would order more replacement keys but I feel it would not work like last time but anyways the point of this message is to ask the question would this key board be eligible For the hole free keyboard replacement service? I would go to an apple store to ask this but the nearest one is 40 miles away

Posted on Apr 30, 2019 11:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2019 7:46 AM

Julian2534 wrote:
would this key board be eligible For the hole free keyboard
replacement service? I would go to an apple store to ask this but the
nearest one is 40 miles away

Never advised to remove keys at your own doing—these are tricky little mechanisms to put back.

See if you qualify here:

https://www.apple.com/support/keyboard-service-program-for-macbook-and-macbook-pro/

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2019 7:46 AM in response to Julian2534

Julian2534 wrote:
would this key board be eligible For the hole free keyboard
replacement service? I would go to an apple store to ask this but the
nearest one is 40 miles away

Never advised to remove keys at your own doing—these are tricky little mechanisms to put back.

See if you qualify here:

https://www.apple.com/support/keyboard-service-program-for-macbook-and-macbook-pro/

May 1, 2019 10:24 AM in response to Julian2534

Julian2534 wrote:

Am I suppose to go to apple store to get it examined or if I’m suppose to look at eligible models mine is one of them

I do not now how else to say it: Either way take it in.

If your Mac is on the list—in or out of warranty—they will fix the problem

If your Mac is on the list— from the kb above

Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will service eligible MacBook and MacBook Pro keyboards, free of charge. The type of service will be determined after the keyboard is examined and may involve the replacement of one or more keys or the whole keyboard.

Service Process

Please choose one of the options below for service. Your MacBook or MacBook Pro will be examined prior to any service to verify that it is eligible for this program.

The type of service will be determined after the keyboard is examined and may involve the replacement of one or more keys or the whole keyboard. The service turn-around time may vary depending upon the type of service and availability of replacement parts.

To prepare your unit for service, please backup your data.

MacBook Pro 2017 keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.