Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac suddently stopped sending emails. Any ideas?

My iMac suddenly stopped sending emails. I can send emails on my iPad and I haven't recently amended any server details

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 1, 2019 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2019 1:06 PM

As you did not advise what version of Mac OS you are using I am going to point you to https://support.apple.com/guide/mail/if-you-cant-send-emails-mlhlp1129/mac to troubleshoot the issue. At the top, select the version of Mac OS installed on your Mac.

2 replies

May 7, 2019 12:02 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Thank you for your reply and my apologies for the delay in getting back. I tried several self-help solutions including the one that you recommended. I spoke to my email service provider but they were of limited help and advised that I talk to Apple Help. This I did using their 0800 number and after several attempts using different approaches I was advised to wipe my hard drive and back up from a period immediately before my problem started. This seemed extreme to me but they are the experts! In the event my email service is back to normal but I still have no idea why I could not send emails. Not sure that there is a lesson here for anyone else, but I share it anyway.

My iMac suddently stopped sending emails. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.