Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails remaining in outbox when attempting to send.

Hi all,

i have two older iMac’s (late 2009) and up until a few days ago everything was working as it should. Although now both computers aren’t allowing emails to be sent and the emails are remaining in the outbox. I’m not a very technically minded person, have basic knowledge hence why I’m asking for help here. The emails are sending through iPads and phones so it’s not the internet or the email providers (I think). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 7:40 PM

Please read If you can't send emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support.

If that doesn't help, the easiest way to fix it might be to delete the account from System Preferences > Internet Accounts. Then, add it again using that same Preference pane. Those instructions are provided in Set up Mail with email accounts - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2021 7:40 PM in response to DanielGardiner

Please read If you can't send emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support.

If that doesn't help, the easiest way to fix it might be to delete the account from System Preferences > Internet Accounts. Then, add it again using that same Preference pane. Those instructions are provided in Set up Mail with email accounts - Apple Support.

Emails remaining in outbox when attempting to send.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.