Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match creates duplicates of everything on computer

I have my ripped music library stored on my Mac. About 600GB of ALAC files. I subscribed to iTunes Match so that I can share versions of this library with my iPhones / iPad. The match process now seems to create a duplicate of *everything* on the Mac. Each duplicate points to the exact same file on the computer.

So what this means is that if I want to play an album from the iTunes library each song plays twice which is beyond annoying.......

Here is what it looks like in itunes

Here is a shot of some of the duplicates

How can I stop this happening ?

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 2, 2019 12:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2019 12:10 PM

Hmm, that looks more like a set of duplicate imports since I don't see any download arrows. See About iCloud Music Library icons and status - Apple Support. If both entries point to the same local path then you need to delete one copy without sending to the trash. You ought to be sort on cloud status to grab the ineligible copies to remove.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2019 12:10 PM in response to zigzagwanderer_11

Hmm, that looks more like a set of duplicate imports since I don't see any download arrows. See About iCloud Music Library icons and status - Apple Support. If both entries point to the same local path then you need to delete one copy without sending to the trash. You ought to be sort on cloud status to grab the ineligible copies to remove.

tt2

iTunes Match creates duplicates of everything on computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.