Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match won't load all new songs in Big Sur

I recently purchased some music from a non-Apple vendor (Presto Music) that provides lossless-quality sound files for classical music and jazz. I imported them to Music on my MacBook Pro running Big Sur, using X-Lossless Decoder (as I have done with other music files countless times) and using their MP3 320bps encoding protocol (as I have also done countless times). There are 68 songs in 3 albums. iTunes Match uploaded a small percentage of them to the cloud, but will not load any more.

I have clicked on "Update Cloud Library" many times, and Music says it is doing it, but the results don't change. The songs that haven't been uploaded still have the empty-cloud icon next to them in Music on my Mac and are greyed out in Music on my iPad and iPhone.

According to Music on my MacBook Pro, I have only 36,000 song files in Music, so I am well below the 100,000 song limit.

The quality of the MP3 files that I imported and want uploaded is the same high quality as others that have been successfully uploaded.

Any help, please? How can I fix this?

Many Thanks!!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 3:20 AM

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. What is the status of the tracks that won't match or upload?

tt2

Similar questions

8 replies

Apr 23, 2021 5:55 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for the trouble-shooting suggestions. The songs that haven't uploaded have dotted-cloud symbols, which I believe means they're waiting to be uploaded to the cloud. The computer and Music were authorised a long time back, so just for the heck of it I reauthorised it. I'll try again tomorrow (I'm in Australia and it's night-time now) and I'll post again when I do.

Apr 24, 2021 1:59 AM in response to Andrew Weiss

You can use the shift-start-iTunes method to create a new empty library. Enable iCloud Music Library so that it shows all the content in the cloud. Delete the problem items from your iCloud Music Library. Close iTunes and reopen the original library. The tracks should now show as removed. Try right-clicking on a selection of them and using Add to Cloud Library. See if they successfully match/upload this time.

tt2

Apr 25, 2021 6:26 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks again for the suggestion. I'm not sure I understand this one. The items in question are not in iCloud; that's the problem. They are in Music on my MacBook Pro. Even though they haven't been uploaded to iCloud, will I still be able to find them in iCloud's music library? Sorry for my confusion; it probably reveals how much I don't understand.

Would it be easier if I just deleted the albums from my MacBook Pro's Music library and tried importing them again? The original files I purchased and downloaded from Presto Music are still on my external hard-drive.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

May 2, 2021 5:23 PM in response to turingtest2

Today's revision to Apple Music for Mac (version 1.1.4.110) revealed that the songs have all been matched. That much is done.

However, the songs are still greyed out in Music on my iPhone (running iOS 14.5). When I click on one of those, I get the message "This song is not currently available in your country or region." That strikes me as strange, since I though iTunes Match simply brought my music library into the cloud and, if the song didn't match what was in their database, they uploaded the song file itself.

This is a new issue for me and I don't understand it. I've been using iTunes Match for years and have never had this problem. Even after we moved from the US to Australia in 2017, I still have not had this problem. All the songs that are greyed out were purchased from Presto Music (a legal and legitimate paid-download site for classical and jazz music). All of them are albums on record labels based in the US and all are available for download in Australia on Presto Music, so there should be no digital rights problems. I've downloaded a fair amount of music from them since we moved countries, imported that music into iTunes, and never had this problem before. And some of the songs that aren't available are individual movements of a classical concerto or symphony where the other movements are available! So that makes no sense to me either.

Back in the "old" days (before iOS 14), I could turn off iTunes match, reboot my phone, turn it back on and wait for it to repopulate when there was a problem. Now, I'm not sure how to do that, or if it would even work.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

iTunes Match won't load all new songs in Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.