Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match with a large library on Windows 10

In the wake of Google doing a horrible job of migrating my uploaded library from Play Music to YouTube music I signed up for Match. I have a very large collection of 46K plus tracks. I turned it on to upload my collection from my laptop and Match has been going for around a week now switching back and forth between matching and uploading.

I’ve never used Match before so I don’t know if this is normal behavior or if something is wrong. What concerns me is that the “of” number (as in 3474 of 43532) never goes down. It keeps ticking upward, sometimes showing as higher than the actual number of tracks in my library. It seems like it is uploading different music, but what if it is going through the same tracks and then starting over in a loop that will never finish? Can someone tell me if this is normal? I don’t mind waiting if I know it will actually end.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 2:49 PM

Tracks are either matched with what is in Apple's catalog, or uploaded if they cannot be matched. The total count of tracks that need to be uploaded might rise if the process of attempting to match all tracks has yet to complete. Once that has done the total should stay static as the uploads are processed. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support to review the status of tracks in your library.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 2:49 PM in response to Frumious B

Tracks are either matched with what is in Apple's catalog, or uploaded if they cannot be matched. The total count of tracks that need to be uploaded might rise if the process of attempting to match all tracks has yet to complete. Once that has done the total should stay static as the uploads are processed. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support to review the status of tracks in your library.

tt2

iTunes Match with a large library on Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.