Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing Pages document by email

I routinely shared Pages documents by email. Now email is no longer an option. Only options are AirDrop, Notes, and Messages, none of which I'm familiar with. Having to first create a new email, and then attach a document, just like in the 1990s, wouldn't be the end of the world. But I wonder why this function has been eliminated. Am I missing something?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 2, 2019 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2019 2:52 AM

In Apple Mail Preferences : General panel, Is the Default email reader set to Apple Mail, or have you selected an optional email reader? If not Apple Mail, this may be the reason for exclusion on that Pages Share sub-menu because Pages only uses Apple Mail.

In System Preferences : Extensions : Share Menu, is Apple Mail selected, or if for some reason it is deselected, can you select it?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2019 2:52 AM in response to Nobodyknowsimadog

In Apple Mail Preferences : General panel, Is the Default email reader set to Apple Mail, or have you selected an optional email reader? If not Apple Mail, this may be the reason for exclusion on that Pages Share sub-menu because Pages only uses Apple Mail.

In System Preferences : Extensions : Share Menu, is Apple Mail selected, or if for some reason it is deselected, can you select it?

Sharing Pages document by email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.