Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Share a copy of a document via email no longer exists

Hello there,

I do not know when it happened, but for one reason or another, I can no longer send a Pages copy via email. The only three options I have, are Messages, AirDrop, and Notes.

macOS Big Sur 11.7.2

I often need to send a copy of a pages document as a .pdf to others. The Mail option has disappeared.

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 1:10 PM

Why not update macOS 11.7.2 to the current version 11.7.9, and ensure that you have Pages v11.1 installed. Then try again. It is very important to keep your version of macOS current.

I have macOS 11.7.9 and Pages v11.1 installed and on the Pages Share menu, there is Send a Copy with a Mail target. One has a choice of the normal export options on that menu and I can attach a Pages document, or PDF to a Mail compose window without issue.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2023 1:10 PM in response to Roskz

Why not update macOS 11.7.2 to the current version 11.7.9, and ensure that you have Pages v11.1 installed. Then try again. It is very important to keep your version of macOS current.

I have macOS 11.7.9 and Pages v11.1 installed and on the Pages Share menu, there is Send a Copy with a Mail target. One has a choice of the normal export options on that menu and I can attach a Pages document, or PDF to a Mail compose window without issue.

Apr 29, 2024 5:25 AM in response to Tassieboy63

The last version of Pages available:

macOS 10.15.7: v11.1

macOS 11.7.10: v12.1

macOS 12.7.4: v13.1

macOS 13.6.6: v14.0

macOS 14.4.1: v14.0

The current Pages v14.0 in the Mac App Store requires macOS Ventura (13) or later. If you are on an older version of macOS, then you cannot get this version. If you previously installed Pages yourself using your Apple ID, then you can get the latest version for your operating system — unless Pages was pre-installed by either Apple or an Apple reseller.

If you are on the two operating systems supported by Pages v14.0, then you can download it from the Mac App Store. For older operating systems, launch the Mac App Store and sign in with the same Apple ID that you previously used to install Pages. Press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchased panel and locate Pages. Click the download/update button and do not click Cancel on any dialog that appears. The last (perhaps only) dialog will ask you if you want to install the last compatible version of Pages for your operating system. Do that.

Because you have Pages v11.1, if the preceding paragraph fails for some reason, it may be that older version of Pages that is installed. With it backed up, remove Pages v11.1 and then repeat the preceding paragraph.

Share a copy of a document via email no longer exists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.