Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VPN Problem, and Internet WIFI

Hi there i have my problem on my Device IPhone XR latest IOS, after i use VPN on

my device, the wifi is connected but it wont connect to the Internet, I cant use Social Media Apps, always saying Connecting on Messenger. Is there a fix?

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on May 3, 2019 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2019 7:58 AM

If everything works without VPN - is is clear that this is a VPN provider issue.

Contact you VPN provider.

8 replies

May 3, 2019 7:53 AM in response to Emmanuel925

If the problem only occurs using VPN there are a number of possible reasons, but you will need to use the help site for your VPN (Virtual Private Network) provider to resolve them. One obvious one is where your VPN connection joins the Internet. One purpose of VPN is to hide your actual location. Your VPN connection may be in another country, for example, which is why it can't connect on messenger. Or the provider's network may simply be broken.

In general if you don't have a clear understanding of what VPN is and how it works you probably shouldn't be using it.

May 3, 2019 10:12 AM in response to Emmanuel925

I am going to second KiltedTim's response. "Free" VPN services will potentially sell your data as they have to make money somehow to stay in business. If you need to use a VPN, consider getting a paid service, like Private Internet Access (PIA). Most, if not all, paid VPN services offer user support when you come across issues like you're experiencing.

VPN Problem, and Internet WIFI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.