Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting to VPN

Hello, my Ipad pro is continually trying to connect to VPN when my home Wi-Fi is connected and working on my other devices. This is causing the Ipad to not have internet connection. What do you suggest?

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 5:42 AM

You presumably have a VPN App - or VPN profile - installed on the iPad that is configured to “auto connect” (sometimes known as “kill switch” or “connect on demand”).

To resolve the problem, you’ll need to identify and either remove or disable the VPN App or profile that is causing the issue.

If you have installed a VPN App, remove/delete it from your iPad. Otherwise, you’ll find the VPN profiles in iPad settings:

Settings > General > VPN or Settings > VPN

To remove a VPN profile, tap the associated “i” icon, then select Delete VPN

After removing the offending VPN App or VPN profile, a restart of the iPad may be necessary:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 5:42 AM in response to tcfuller

You presumably have a VPN App - or VPN profile - installed on the iPad that is configured to “auto connect” (sometimes known as “kill switch” or “connect on demand”).

To resolve the problem, you’ll need to identify and either remove or disable the VPN App or profile that is causing the issue.

If you have installed a VPN App, remove/delete it from your iPad. Otherwise, you’ll find the VPN profiles in iPad settings:

Settings > General > VPN or Settings > VPN

To remove a VPN profile, tap the associated “i” icon, then select Delete VPN

After removing the offending VPN App or VPN profile, a restart of the iPad may be necessary:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Connecting to VPN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.