Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop iTunes Store Sign In Pop Up Window

Hello,

For the past month or so, my MacBook Air has had the iTunes Store sign in pop up window up and it will not go away. I've tried changing the password and when I log in on the window, it just flashes and pops back up again (does not log in to the application). This is an annoyance, because if I need to restart my computer, I am unable to, since this pop up will not close and I can't force quit the application- all the selections on the top toolbar are gray since I can't address the pop up window. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 3, 2019 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2019 7:55 AM

Good afternoon JPJOHNSON777,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are having an issue with the iTunes Store window popping up on the screen of your MacBook Air. To address this issue, I suggest that you restart your computer in safe mode and check your Apple ID account to make sure everything is up-to-date, since this information is used by the iTunes Store app. Then we will look at any login items that may be affecting the system when you first turn on your computer.

Quit all open applications on your Mac and shut down the computer.

Restart the computer in safe mode - Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

While in safe mode - go to the Apple ID website, and confirm you can sign in with your Apple ID an password.

1. In the Payment & Shipping section - click the Edit button and confirm all of the information for your account is correct. You will need to enter the expiration date and security code for the credit or debit card you have on file. Confirm that the billing address matches what is on your bank or card statement.
  2. Click the blue Save button when you are finished updating the details of your account.
  3. Scroll to the top of the page and click Sign Out in the upper-right corner.

Source: Create, manage, and use an Apple ID

Next, we are going to check the login items (applications that launch when you first turn on your computer) while still in safe mode.

1. Click the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of your screen.
  2. Click System Preferences.
  3. Click Users & Groups
  4. Click the lock in the lower-right corner and enter the computer administrator password.
  5. Click Unlock.
  6. Click the Login Items tab at the top of the window.
  7. You will see a list of items that will open automatically when you log in - write these down.
  8. Click on each item to select it, and then click the minus button at the bottom of the list to remove it.
  9. Click the lock to prevent further changes and close the window.

Source: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Restart your computer as you normally would. If the issue persists, reply back to this thread with any additional information that you can, including any messages that appear on your screen.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2019 7:55 AM in response to JPJOHNSON777

Good afternoon JPJOHNSON777,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are having an issue with the iTunes Store window popping up on the screen of your MacBook Air. To address this issue, I suggest that you restart your computer in safe mode and check your Apple ID account to make sure everything is up-to-date, since this information is used by the iTunes Store app. Then we will look at any login items that may be affecting the system when you first turn on your computer.

Quit all open applications on your Mac and shut down the computer.

Restart the computer in safe mode - Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

While in safe mode - go to the Apple ID website, and confirm you can sign in with your Apple ID an password.

1. In the Payment & Shipping section - click the Edit button and confirm all of the information for your account is correct. You will need to enter the expiration date and security code for the credit or debit card you have on file. Confirm that the billing address matches what is on your bank or card statement.
  2. Click the blue Save button when you are finished updating the details of your account.
  3. Scroll to the top of the page and click Sign Out in the upper-right corner.

Source: Create, manage, and use an Apple ID

Next, we are going to check the login items (applications that launch when you first turn on your computer) while still in safe mode.

1. Click the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of your screen.
  2. Click System Preferences.
  3. Click Users & Groups
  4. Click the lock in the lower-right corner and enter the computer administrator password.
  5. Click Unlock.
  6. Click the Login Items tab at the top of the window.
  7. You will see a list of items that will open automatically when you log in - write these down.
  8. Click on each item to select it, and then click the minus button at the bottom of the list to remove it.
  9. Click the lock to prevent further changes and close the window.

Source: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Restart your computer as you normally would. If the issue persists, reply back to this thread with any additional information that you can, including any messages that appear on your screen.

Take care.

Stop iTunes Store Sign In Pop Up Window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.