Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Chrome always on my desktop

Why does my desktop look like this:

I installed chrome when we 1st set up this relatively new Macbook air but every time I power on or log in to my account on the computer it's back.

Thanks for any help you can offer. I love Chrome as a browser but would rather not have to look at it on my desktop every time I use the computer.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 4, 2019 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2019 2:02 AM

Close the Google Chrome installer's window (click on red dot, upper left corner) move Google Chrome icon

into Trash, & empty trash. These steps should be enough to remove the installer's evidence from desktop &

macOS completely.

This assumes you've dragged the Chrome icon onto the Application folder in the image on desktop, first.

As this would make the application install into the macOS applications folder.

The Finder menu with columns, are where choices reside.

If the item does not 'trash' you may need to restart Mac.

The browser should launch from a dock location or from launchpad, etc; at will.

Some users leave residual installer parts on the desktop, instead of removing them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2019 2:02 AM in response to macpatty2

Close the Google Chrome installer's window (click on red dot, upper left corner) move Google Chrome icon

into Trash, & empty trash. These steps should be enough to remove the installer's evidence from desktop &

macOS completely.

This assumes you've dragged the Chrome icon onto the Application folder in the image on desktop, first.

As this would make the application install into the macOS applications folder.

The Finder menu with columns, are where choices reside.

If the item does not 'trash' you may need to restart Mac.

The browser should launch from a dock location or from launchpad, etc; at will.

Some users leave residual installer parts on the desktop, instead of removing them.

Google Chrome always on my desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.