Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem of chrome browser jumping to every desktop

Hi everyone,

I only recently started having this problem. Whenever I switch desktops, my chrome browsers (no matter how many are open) will jump to the desktop I have switched to. It's annoying because I usually have different desktops to focus on different projects but suddenly my browsers keep jumping around and lumping to wherever I'm at. And I can't seem to drag a chrome browser into another desktop anymore? It's only chrome that has this issue but everything else (finder, safari) will stay in their desktop. Might be a chrome problem but I'm not sure.

Any help is welcome please

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 10:05 AM

Here is what I was talking about (this is from another application, as I don't use Chrome, but they all look the same).

4 replies

Nov 12, 2021 10:03 AM in response to .eva

Click and hold the Chrome icon in the Dock, and see what is there under Options.

I expect that "All Desktops" is selected - hence the behavior you are experiencing.

Choose the option that suits you - either "None" (probably the best, lets you put any windows in any desktop you want), or "This Desktop" (if you want it always in one same desktop).

Nov 12, 2021 9:58 AM in response to .eva

Hello .eva,

We see you're having issues with Google Chrome switching to each desktop you move to on the Mac. We'd be happy to help.

As you mentioned that it only happens with Google Chrome, it could be isolated to that.

Some steps to try would be to try deleting and re-creating the Desktop spaces that you're working with, and then test things out again.

It may also help to try checking for updates for the affected app, and then try uninstalling/reinstalling it if there aren't any.

You may also test things out in a newly created Admin user account, which gives a clean slate to test things on, which rules out interference from any corrupted settings/files/etc. If needed, this page can help with that: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Cheers.

Problem of chrome browser jumping to every desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.