Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will not power on past the charging screen

Yesterday I let my iPad fully run out of battery, a rare occurrence because it usually only gets down to 90% battery before I put it on the charger again. I plugged it in, and it kept looking like it went to the screen to type in the passcode, but then restarting. Now, when the iPad is connected to a charger, the battery icon only shows when i press the lock button at the top. The lightening cable icon is no longer present when I plug it in vs not plugged in, so I know the cable is good.

I have tried a hard reset, holding down for as long as 2 minutes. Also, my computer will not recognize my iPad when it is plugged in, as it currently has been for the last 2 hours. What can be wrong with my iPad? It won't go beyond the low battery icon screen.

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on May 5, 2019 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2019 7:36 AM

Chris Saint Cool wrote:

Yesterday I let my iPad fully run out of battery, a rare occurrence because it usually only gets down to 90% battery before I put it on the charger again. I plugged it in, and it kept looking like it went to the screen to type in the passcode, but then restarting. Now, when the iPad is connected to a charger, the battery icon only shows when i press the lock button at the top. The lightening cable icon is no longer present when I plug it in vs not plugged in, so I know the cable is good.

I have tried a hard reset, holding down for as long as 2 minutes. Also, my computer will not recognize my iPad when it is plugged in, as it currently has been for the last 2 hours. What can be wrong with my iPad? It won't go beyond the low battery icon screen.

The OPPOSITE may actually true... the "lightning icon" is the indicator that the iPad IS charging

If it is NOT charging, the Lock Screen batter icon will "blink"

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

^^^ READ THIS carefully ^^^

I would try another Lightning cable before I took it for service

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2019 7:36 AM in response to Chris Saint Cool

Chris Saint Cool wrote:

The OPPOSITE may actually true... the "lightning icon" is the indicator that the iPad IS charging

If it is NOT charging, the Lock Screen batter icon will "blink"

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

^^^ READ THIS carefully ^^^

I would try another Lightning cable before I took it for service

Will not power on past the charging screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.