Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Notes

I've found half of my problem with Notes. Now I need the other half. The half I solved was that my Notes go into different folders. I don't make any conscious effort to place my Notes in any particular file, but they end up in different places, such as: 1. Cox-Notes, 2. On My MAC A. All in my Mac, B. Notes, C. New Folder.

A total of four folders.

How do I set Notes that all notes are placed in the same folder or, failing that, what can I do to place all of my existing notes in the same folder?

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 5, 2019 1:40 PM

Similar questions

11 replies

May 6, 2019 10:45 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

The easy system was, still is, the following: 1. click on the Notes icon in my dock, 2. click on the pen icon at the top of the Notes screen, 3. Type or paste whatever you want to save in Notes.

The only problem with this method was that everything was not always posted in the same folder. Before I discovered that, I had thought that Notes was losing things. Now, however, I kn ow that they're not lost, they're just in different folders.

May 6, 2019 11:01 AM in response to Niku

This list is on the far-left side of my Notes screen. If I understand you correctly, part of the Mojave system is to select one of them as the file into which the selected Note is to be placed. That's clear enough.. I just don't know how to do that. My guess is that you highlight the chosen field then click on the pen, but that doesn't work for me

Notes

Earthlink.net

All Earthlink.net

Notes

New Folder

On My Mac

All on My Mac

Notes

New Folder

New Folder 1

Recently Deleted

May 6, 2019 3:30 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I can't tell you what I do to use your system, because it has never worked for me. What I am saying is that what I've always done is: 1. Click on the Numbers icon in my Dock, 2. Click on the pen if I want to start a fresh page in Numbers, 3. type or paste into the Numbers page. That's all. I HAVE NEVER PAID ANY ATTENTION to the different folders in the leftmost column, and now I think that's where my problems have started. Whether I noticed or not, some Folder had been selected, and that's how they got "lost." Why the computer selects different Folders at different times I don't know, but I now think that I have to be sure that when I use Notes, the same Folder is always being used. I'll follow that practice in the future. Now I only need to know how to consolidate all of the Folders being used to store Notes. I want all Notes in the same Folder. I can see why some people might want to use more than one Folder, but I don't. Incidentally, if I've used "Folder" when I should have said "Files," or vice-versa, I'm sorry, but I'm sure you know which places or things Im talking about.

May 6, 2019 3:42 PM in response to Niku

I just tested my theory. I selected a Folder and then typed

Test 1 on the page that was brought up. I then did so the same thing for 8 pages, but It only worked for six pages. In other words, clicking on two of the Folders in the leftmost column didn't do anything. I don't know why that is but six out of eight is good enough, so I'll make sure from now on that every time I use Notes, I know where everything is going. Now, as already mentioned, I just need to be able to move everything from the SIX Notes Folders into the same folder.

Using Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.