Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to unlock iphone for use with a different carrier.

I have an iphone 6, currently with AT&T. However, I want to use it on Verizon's network.

Here's the problem: AT&T states that my phone info/account looks spotty and they want me to see if I can get a copy of the receipt from Sam's Club (where I purchased it in 2014). The phone has been completely paid off, I've been out of contract for years, and my bill is current. AT&T states that due to the spotty records, they keep denying my requests to unlock it. I was advised by an AT&T rep that the spotty records are due to the way Sam's Club activated it? Something to do with it being on my account the whole time, but not actually on AT&T's network... which I don't really understand, but whatever.

So, how do I get this phone unlocked if I can't get help from Sam's Club, AT&T keeps denying my requests, Verizon can't do it, and evidently Apple doesn't unlock phones??? I'm really upset, because this is my phone. I paid for it in full, and I should be able to switch carriers with it if I choose to.

iPhone 6, iOS 10

Posted on May 5, 2019 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2019 5:16 PM

Sorry to hear but only the carrier that locked the iPhone can official unlock, not Apple or anyone.

1 reply

Need to unlock iphone for use with a different carrier.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.