Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes, music, "For you", Browse, and Radio do not respond

iTunes (12.6) os x 10.11 el capt.

The music windows for "For you", Browse, and Radio do not respond. everything else functions OK, at least to my knowledge.

I've a few macs (2 air's, and a mini), I've an issue with the mini(6 intel 17) running el capt. The hardware is a few years old it has a hard drive as opposed to solid state storage, and it is a bit slow to respond at times; shutting it down and restarting has always worked in the past. But now this fall back fix doesn't work and it refuses to run those 3 functions.

The other macs running el capt. and high sierra using a slightly different version of iTunes 12 all work.

What kind of bug would interfere with those three functions on the mini?

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 6, 2019 2:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2019 3:01 PM

The iTunes upgrade (12.8.2.3) appears to have solved the 4 U-browse-radio issue. Up till yesterday, it still did not function. But, keeping El Capt. and updating only iTunes last afternoon, it mostly came back,, so I quit and reopened iTunes and happy days.. ! it now works as advertised. Therefore, the os was not the issue, possibly something on Apple’s end, but definitely the latest vers. of itunes fixed it. All within one week of opening this thread.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2019 3:01 PM in response to Computer-Blue

The iTunes upgrade (12.8.2.3) appears to have solved the 4 U-browse-radio issue. Up till yesterday, it still did not function. But, keeping El Capt. and updating only iTunes last afternoon, it mostly came back,, so I quit and reopened iTunes and happy days.. ! it now works as advertised. Therefore, the os was not the issue, possibly something on Apple’s end, but definitely the latest vers. of itunes fixed it. All within one week of opening this thread.

May 6, 2019 10:55 PM in response to loraxis

Im also experiencing the same issue. (First noticed May 4th.)

MacBook Pro

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

iTunes 12.8.2.3

Internet and Wifi running smooth and have good signal and connection

(Note: On the 4th I did reboot them both for a "just incase" (issue was not resolved)

Yesterday uninstalled iTunes then reinstalled same version (issue was not resolved)

today I tried uninstalled iTunes 12.8.2.3 and installing iTunes 12.6 (issue was not resolved)

as of today (May 6th 11:41MST) back to iTunes version 12.8.2.3. its the latest available version for my system (issue remains unresolved)

and Im now out of ideas.

May 10, 2019 4:37 AM in response to loraxis

And just like that everything just showed back up and working. it wasn't 10 min ago then just imported a song off an external hard drive and the "For You" popped open.

Anyone also back to norm? nothanks to Apple. They again never even acknowledged the problem. I'm still debating leaving Apple Music all together though. Really disappointed in all the blatant dishonesty. They quickly losing all the integrity that 20+ plus years ago 1st made me a loyal customer. However I think this girl and Mac are heading for a break up.

iTunes, music, "For you", Browse, and Radio do not respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.