Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers "Repeat Last Action" Keyboard Shortcut?

The last entries on this subject that I could find were from 2011 and the resounding answer was, "No, Numbers does not have a "Repeat Last Action" shortcut like Excel's Command-->Y." In the last 6 years, has Numbers been enhanced to provide this (IMHO) critical functionality? I'm a new Numbers user and have scoured the "Help" menu for any mention of this issue. AAAARG!

Posted on May 6, 2019 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2019 6:25 PM

I have to add rows constantly and yet keep the spreadsheet compact for viewability.
 So, using the cumbersome "Add row above/below" command is very time consuming.

You don't have to go to the menu to add rows above or below. Just type option-up arrow or option-down arrow.

You'll find a long list of keyboard shortcuts at Help > Keyboard Shortcuts in your menu. Here is a screenshot of just a few ...

SG

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2019 6:25 PM in response to Veauxie

I have to add rows constantly and yet keep the spreadsheet compact for viewability.
 So, using the cumbersome "Add row above/below" command is very time consuming.

You don't have to go to the menu to add rows above or below. Just type option-up arrow or option-down arrow.

You'll find a long list of keyboard shortcuts at Help > Keyboard Shortcuts in your menu. Here is a screenshot of just a few ...

SG

May 7, 2019 5:53 AM in response to Veauxie

Hi Veauxie,

Numbers 8.0 has command Z to Undo and shift command Z to Redo an action on the last selected object (or selected text).

Numbers does not (yet) have a feature to "Repeat Last Action" (command Y as in Excel) on another object (or newly selected text).

We are fellow users with no idea of Apple's future plans. You can Provide Numbers Feedback to Apple in the Numbers Menu if you think that "Repeat Last Action" is important.

Give your reasons how that will help you and other users.

Regards,

Ian.

May 7, 2019 10:05 AM in response to Veauxie

Thanks, Yellowbox! I'll provide that feedback to Apple. In case you think I'm an eccentric (I was an Excel user for 20 years before moving to Numbers) I do bookkeeping for a company that has dozens of invoices every day to add to a tracking spreadsheet divided into categories. I have to add rows constantly and yet keep the spreadsheet compact for viewability. So, using the cumbersome "Add row above/below" command is very time consuming. I guess I just miss my Excel. :-) But Numbers is free, so, YIPPEE! Thanks again!

Numbers "Repeat Last Action" Keyboard Shortcut?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.