Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcuts in Numbers

It was really handy in excel to be able to quickly click on basic icons - save, cut, paste, select all etc. Also to be able to edit these (add/remove) as required. Does numbers have an equivalent? I'm finding people suggesting CMD+CTRL+OPT+6 other keys that are unreachable is not my idea of a shortcut. Many thanks.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 3:57 PM

There are no icons for the basic commands you listed. However, their shortcuts are common to most apps so they are good ones to memorize.

Save is Cmd S

Cut is Cmd X

Paste is Cmd V

Select All is Cmd A

If you right click on the toolbar, you can modify what appears in it. None of those basic commands is available but other commands are. Personally what I miss (and which unfortunately are not available as toolbar icons) are the common formatting options like text color, fill color, gridlines, etc.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2020 3:57 PM in response to Nomadibility

There are no icons for the basic commands you listed. However, their shortcuts are common to most apps so they are good ones to memorize.

Save is Cmd S

Cut is Cmd X

Paste is Cmd V

Select All is Cmd A

If you right click on the toolbar, you can modify what appears in it. None of those basic commands is available but other commands are. Personally what I miss (and which unfortunately are not available as toolbar icons) are the common formatting options like text color, fill color, gridlines, etc.

Shortcuts in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.