Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find repeat key

My iPod touch is version 12.2. It had been working fine and all of a sudden yesterday it went to repeat and will only play one song. Does anyone know how to turn off repeat? I only see a shuffle key and a play key. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Posted on May 7, 2019 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2019 10:21 AM

Go to the full size Now Playing screen and drag it upwards. Below the Play controls you will see a Shuffle button and a Repeat button.

If the button is red, with white text, the feature is on. If the button is light grey, with red text, the feature is off.

In the screenshot above, both Shuffle and Repeat are on, but notice that there is a small 1 in the arrows of the Repeat button. This means the iPod is in repeat-the-same-song mode. Each time you tap the repeat button it cycles between:

• Off - repeat is off
  • Repeat - repeat is on. Once the current list finishes playing, the same list will play again
  • Repeat 1 - the same song will play over and over until you turn off Repeat 1 or select a different song. Note that the new song will also repeat, unless you turn the function off
  • Off - repeat is off

In the screenshot below, I've tapped the Repeat button once, to change the player from Repeat 1 to Off. As you can see, the button is now in light grey, with white text. Notice that the Shuffle feature is still on.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2019 10:21 AM in response to Theragirl2019

Go to the full size Now Playing screen and drag it upwards. Below the Play controls you will see a Shuffle button and a Repeat button.

If the button is red, with white text, the feature is on. If the button is light grey, with red text, the feature is off.

In the screenshot above, both Shuffle and Repeat are on, but notice that there is a small 1 in the arrows of the Repeat button. This means the iPod is in repeat-the-same-song mode. Each time you tap the repeat button it cycles between:

• Off - repeat is off
  • Repeat - repeat is on. Once the current list finishes playing, the same list will play again
  • Repeat 1 - the same song will play over and over until you turn off Repeat 1 or select a different song. Note that the new song will also repeat, unless you turn the function off
  • Off - repeat is off

In the screenshot below, I've tapped the Repeat button once, to change the player from Repeat 1 to Off. As you can see, the button is now in light grey, with white text. Notice that the Shuffle feature is still on.

Can't find repeat key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.