Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot stream music on LTE with Apple Watch S4 LTE

I am having the same issue as posted here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8230306

The issue is when I try to stream music using the watch (disconnected from the phone) I get the error message stating: "There is no device capable of audio playback connected"

Apple support had me do a number of troubleshooting steps including unpairing my watch and setting up as new but cannot figure out what is causing the problem. They are escalating the case with engineering and will get back in touch with me in a couple of days.

I have the following:

• Apple Watch S4 LTE on Verizon
  • WatchOS 5.2
  • Jabra Elite Sport headphones

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on May 7, 2019 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2019 7:47 PM

Are you sure the Jabra headphones are paired and currently connected to the Apple Watch?

Apple Watch -> Settings -> Bluetooth -> Devices -> Jabra -> Connected.

If not, and you cannot seem to pair and connect your Jabra, do you have any other Bluetooth audio devices you can experiment with? Or do you have friend with a Bluetooth audio you could try. You can tell the Apple Watch to "Forget" the pairing after you finish the experiment (tap the (i) icon in the Bluetooth settins and tap "forget")

Silly question, when you say stream music, are you using Apple Music? Or are you storing music or podcasts on your Apple Watch to play back?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2019 7:47 PM in response to ando1

Are you sure the Jabra headphones are paired and currently connected to the Apple Watch?

Apple Watch -> Settings -> Bluetooth -> Devices -> Jabra -> Connected.

If not, and you cannot seem to pair and connect your Jabra, do you have any other Bluetooth audio devices you can experiment with? Or do you have friend with a Bluetooth audio you could try. You can tell the Apple Watch to "Forget" the pairing after you finish the experiment (tap the (i) icon in the Bluetooth settins and tap "forget")

Silly question, when you say stream music, are you using Apple Music? Or are you storing music or podcasts on your Apple Watch to play back?

May 8, 2019 2:36 AM in response to BobHarris

@BobHarris:

Yes I am sure the Jabras are connected as other audio (Siri) goes through them. Also checked settings.

I did have another cheap pair of BT headphones and the seem to work, so it must be limited to the Jabras. Also in the link i posted the link I posted the OP had a pair of Jaybirds earbuds so both these brands must have something in common. And lastly, I am streaming music (not stored) on my watch. I have found that after doing the workaround the Jabras do stream fine.

Cannot stream music on LTE with Apple Watch S4 LTE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.