Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone XS frozen.

I can swipe but apps won't work. I tried rebooting but holding down right side button only activates Siri, even when I also hold volume button. I saw a suggestion online to press volume up button and release, then volume down button and release, then hold on/off button for about 10 seconds. That didn't work either. What else can I do?

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on May 7, 2019 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2019 6:54 AM

Then you are doing something wrong.

Make sure the time between pressing each button is kept short. Just press and release and immediately press the next button. Then just hold down the power button.

You may need to keep holding it down even if Siri comes up.

Otherwise, you may need to take it in to an Apple Store or Authorized Service provider for diagnostics.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2019 6:54 AM in response to uncabee

Then you are doing something wrong.

Make sure the time between pressing each button is kept short. Just press and release and immediately press the next button. Then just hold down the power button.

You may need to keep holding it down even if Siri comes up.

Otherwise, you may need to take it in to an Apple Store or Authorized Service provider for diagnostics.

iphone XS frozen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.