Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive taking up iPhone storage

I have a problem with iCloud Drive taking up space in my iPhone storage. I could not find the button to erase this from the iPhone storage and I could not find what app creates this. This iCloud Drive did not show up 2 months ago but keep on showing up. Anybody know how to remove this from the iPhone storage?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on May 8, 2019 1:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2019 1:51 PM

Hello weston_campbell,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that you have a problem with iCloud Drive taking up space on your iPhone and you want to know how to remove it from your phone. I am happy to help.

I want to share with you what iCloud Drive is before I provide you with the steps to remove it. Maybe this is something you set up but didn't realize what it is.

iCloud: What is iCloud Drive?

Here is how to turn the iCloud Drive feature off.

"Turn iCloud features on or off

Depending on which device settings you want to change, do one or more of the following.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're using iOS 10.3 or later:

1. Go to Settings > [your name]. 
  2. Tap iCloud.
  3. Tap to turn iCloud features on or off.

If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap iCloud.
  3. Tap to turn iCloud features on or off."

Change your iCloud feature settings

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2019 1:51 PM in response to weston_campbell

Hello weston_campbell,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that you have a problem with iCloud Drive taking up space on your iPhone and you want to know how to remove it from your phone. I am happy to help.

I want to share with you what iCloud Drive is before I provide you with the steps to remove it. Maybe this is something you set up but didn't realize what it is.

iCloud: What is iCloud Drive?

Here is how to turn the iCloud Drive feature off.

"Turn iCloud features on or off

Depending on which device settings you want to change, do one or more of the following.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're using iOS 10.3 or later:

1. Go to Settings > [your name]. 
  2. Tap iCloud.
  3. Tap to turn iCloud features on or off.

If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap iCloud.
  3. Tap to turn iCloud features on or off."

Change your iCloud feature settings

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

iCloud Drive taking up iPhone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.