Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change default application

Is there a way to change what application opens a particular file type. On my Mojave 10.14.4 iMac, html files open with Safari and I would prefer the default be Adobe Dreamweaver 19.1. This holds true for css files as well.

Thanks ahead of time...

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 8, 2019 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2019 6:57 AM

You can attempt to change the default application to Dreamweaver from Safari.

Right-click on any .html file, and press option+command+i. On this show info panel, visit the Open with section and change it from Safari to Dreamweaver on the selection list. Then click through the Change All… button. Perform this again for a .css file, though the default application is unlikely to be Safari.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2019 6:57 AM in response to jacsdad

You can attempt to change the default application to Dreamweaver from Safari.

Right-click on any .html file, and press option+command+i. On this show info panel, visit the Open with section and change it from Safari to Dreamweaver on the selection list. Then click through the Change All… button. Perform this again for a .css file, though the default application is unlikely to be Safari.

Change default application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.