Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Rejected Clips in iMove 10.1.11

How do I delete rejected clips in iMovie 10.1.11?

When I delete a clip from why event library, do I have to manually delete it "again?"

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 8, 2019 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2019 10:38 PM

Select the rejected clip in the browser and do File/Delete Media from Event. That puts it in the trash. Emptying the trash deletes it from the iMovie library, which means it is deleted from all projects that are using the clip.

Or, you can select the clip in the browser and do File/Reveal in Finder and then delete the clip from the Original Media folder that pops up. That will delete it from the library and all projects that are using it.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2019 10:38 PM in response to Joeswell

Select the rejected clip in the browser and do File/Delete Media from Event. That puts it in the trash. Emptying the trash deletes it from the iMovie library, which means it is deleted from all projects that are using the clip.

Or, you can select the clip in the browser and do File/Reveal in Finder and then delete the clip from the Original Media folder that pops up. That will delete it from the library and all projects that are using it.

-- Rich

Deleting Rejected Clips in iMove 10.1.11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.