Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Clean Up iMovie Stuff

I mistakenly imported a movie clip. Actually, I thought that I was importing a 38 second clip but only 4 seconds of it got in to iMovie. I find iMovie to be non intuitive. How do I remove the clip that I don't want in iMovie? I looked through Help it was not helpful. Thanks in advance.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 7:18 AM

Hi,

The easiest way to delete a clip from iMovie 10 is to open the Event that contains the clip, select the clip, and do a File/Remove Media from Event. That will remove the clip from your iMovie library.

Or, another way to permanently remove the clip from iMovie 10 is to select the clip and do a File/Reveal in Finder. A pop up Finder folder will appear, showing the clip highlighted. Delete the clip from there as you would normally delete a file from the Finder. It will disable the clip in any project that is using it.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2019 7:18 AM in response to MD_Gene

Hi,

The easiest way to delete a clip from iMovie 10 is to open the Event that contains the clip, select the clip, and do a File/Remove Media from Event. That will remove the clip from your iMovie library.

Or, another way to permanently remove the clip from iMovie 10 is to select the clip and do a File/Reveal in Finder. A pop up Finder folder will appear, showing the clip highlighted. Delete the clip from there as you would normally delete a file from the Finder. It will disable the clip in any project that is using it.

-- Rich

How to Clean Up iMovie Stuff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.