Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t open my camera roll

Whenever I try to open Photos, there’s just a blank loading screen for a few minutes and then it exits back to the home screen. I started having problems a few days earlier while I was trying to clean out my camera roll. Whenever I tried to delete a photo it would delete but then a random blank space would appear where that photo used to be. Then the next day I would select photos to delete and they’d go away for a few seconds but then come right back while still being selected. I decided to shut off my iphone and turn it back on to see if those photos would be gone then, but now i can’t open Photos at all and I can’t open them on other apps either. What should I do?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on May 9, 2019 8:13 PM

1 reply

May 9, 2019 11:33 PM in response to 7jm95

Have you taken backup? If yes then

Restore from an iCloud backup

1. On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Software Update. ...
  2. Make sure you have a recent backup to restore from. ...
  3. Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase All Content and Settings.”
  4. On the Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup, then sign in to iCloud.

More items...

iCloud: Restore or set up iOS devices from an iCloud backup

https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521

I can’t open my camera roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.