Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to remove icons from menubar

It seems that almost every app installs an icon in the menubar. I like to remove most of them, but how to?

The suggested "hold command" and drag out of menubar doesn't work.

I am running an 2018 MacMini with Mojave 10.14.4

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 10, 2019 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2019 12:56 PM

Don’t know about Skype. Yeah DropBox is forever. I have a ton of these icons and wound up getting a program called bar tender hat lets you control where they are. One set is seen as usual and another set can be hidden from view. Keeps ones you want quick access to handy but not littering the menu

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2019 12:56 PM in response to Mokum

Don’t know about Skype. Yeah DropBox is forever. I have a ton of these icons and wound up getting a program called bar tender hat lets you control where they are. One set is seen as usual and another set can be hidden from view. Keeps ones you want quick access to handy but not littering the menu

May 10, 2019 10:28 AM in response to Mokum

Without knowing what application(s) it is hard to say. Some menu icons can be removed by holding Control and dragging down until you see an X. If you see a prohibition sign it cannot be removed that way. Some applications have the menu icon settings in their preference panel. And Mac OS icons are in their respective System Preference tabs.

Not able to remove icons from menubar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.