Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need independent columns

I’m writing a large document that needs two columns per page. Some pages are short, and I don’t want to have to type to the bottom of the page in order to use the 2nd column.

I see that I can force a column break, but then I can’t put the cursor back into the first column to continue typing. I need to have the flexibility to put text into either column, without altering the formatting of other text.

Tables would do that, but this is a large document and it would be too fiddly to keep creating tables on each page. So I need to work with columns. Any workaround for using Pages, or a different app perhaps?

MacBook

Posted on May 10, 2019 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2019 8:46 AM

Pages does not offer independent columns on a given page. You can simulate this with Text boxes with single column layout —whether you choose to optionally link them or not. You would separate this content from other pages where you have normal need for two-column flow by a column break.

1 reply

Need independent columns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.