Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration Assistant-What Next?

Ok, I was able to successfully migrate files from my PC to my

Mac Mini running Mojave. However, in the process it created another account on the Mac mini where the migrated data is stored. Is that normal? If so, how do I consolidate into one account? If not, can I re-run the migration assistant so everything will be in one account?

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 10, 2019 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2019 5:00 PM

Is that normal?

Yes.

When you initially set up your new Mac Mini, it offered the opportunity to migrate information from your PC. The result would have been one User Account containing all the migrated information from the PC.

If you decided to do that later, the result will be an additional, redundant, but separate User Account with its own name. The two User Accounts may not be merged. You can either delete the first one, or erase the Mac completely and start over from the beginning.

Refer to Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2019 5:00 PM in response to bchristoff

Is that normal?

Yes.

When you initially set up your new Mac Mini, it offered the opportunity to migrate information from your PC. The result would have been one User Account containing all the migrated information from the PC.

If you decided to do that later, the result will be an additional, redundant, but separate User Account with its own name. The two User Accounts may not be merged. You can either delete the first one, or erase the Mac completely and start over from the beginning.

Refer to Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support.

Migration Assistant-What Next?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.